There's now also an unmaintained WPF branch of the WriteableBitmapEx library in the source code repository. It was contributed by Szymon Kobalczyk.
One might ask why it's not maintained. I started a poll and it seems that only 7 out of 16 need a WPF version of WriteableBitmapEx. The code is also quite bloated due to conditional compilation flags, which makes it harder to maintain in the future. That's why I decided not to integrate the WPF version. I just don't have enough time to maintain a hardly used version. I would rather point WPF users to Jeremiah Morrill's new project called DirectCanvas. It's in an early stage, but he's a great guy and working hard on it. I'm sure we'll see a great, GPU accelerated 2D drawing library for WPF in the future.
Feature list version 0.9.7.0
- Fixed many bugs.
- Added the Rotate method which rotates the bitmap in 90° steps clockwise and returns a new rotated WriteableBitmap.
- Added a Flip method with support for FlipMode.Vertical and FlipMode.Horizontal.
- Added a new Filter extension file with a convolution method and some kernel templates (Gaussian, Sharpen).
- Added the GetBrightness method, which returns the brightness / luminance of the pixel at the x, y coordinate as byte.
- Added the ColorKeying BlendMode.
- Added boundary checks to the Crop() function to avoid OutOfRangeExceptions if the passed parameters are outside the boundaries of the original bitmap.
- Optimized the DrawLine algorithm.
- Optimized the Resize algorithms (NearestNeighbor is now 10x faster).
- Optimized the Clear(Color) method.
Thanks to the community for constantly reporting bugs and suggesting new features. You rock! That's why I love open source software.