Testing on ARM is important and Tim Heuer wrote a nice post which shows how to remotely deploy, debug and profile on ARM devices right from Visual Studio 2012. Another nice thing which performs a couple of automated tests is the Windows App Certification Kit (WACK). Unfortunately is the WACK tool for ARM hidden inside the Windows 8 SDK, but here's how to find it:
- Download the Windows 8 SDK web setup from here and run it.
- Choose to download the SDK files for offline usage.
- On the "Select the features you want to download" screen it's enough if you only select the "Windows App Certification Kit" checkbox.
- After the download is finished, you will find an "Installers" subfolder in the download target folder.
- Copy the "Windows App Certification Kit arm-arm_en-us.msi" from the "Installers" folder to an USB key or SkyDrive.
- Open the "Windows App Certification Kit arm-arm_en-us.msi" on your ARM device and install the WACK on it.
- Search for "Windows App Cert Kit" on your ARM device using the Search Charm and run the WACK.